We are Windsor and Eton Brides, the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, as we make decisions on what information we hold and what we do with it. We are committed to managing and protecting the privacy of your personal information in line with all current applicable data privacy laws.
This privacy notice outlines what data we collect, why we collect it and how we manage it while we are holding it. It also highlights your rights with regard to the data. It may change from time to time, so please check it at regular intervals.
Should you have a concern regarding our management of your personal data, or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- Windsor & Eton Brides, 21 High Street, Eton, Berkshire, SL4 6AX
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01753 622 400
What personal information do we collect?
You may be asked to enter or confirm your name, address, email address, phone number, clothes sizes, bank details, credit card details or other information when you are enquiring, visiting our websites or shop. We may also obtain your image for marketing and publicity.
When do we collect it?
We collect information from you when you visit our website, make an enquiry, respond to a communication, fill out a form, visit our shop, place an order, make a payment or otherwise submit your personal data to us.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To respond to your enquiries regarding our goods and services, as part of our legitimate business interest.
- To quickly process your transactions and orders. The lawful basis is contract.
- To provide services, advice and information to manage and fulfil our contract. Our lawful basis for holding your information is our contract.
- To allow you to navigate more easily around our website. This is in our legitimate business interest.
- To use your image and the image of family members in marketing and publicity. We require your consent to do this.
- In order to protect our assets and interests, and those of our employees and other stakeholders.
We do not collect any personal information from you that we do not need to facilitate these tasks.
How do we protect your information?
Windsor and Eton Brides is committed to protecting your personal data and has implemented the appropriate systems and procedures to ensure this.
Our systems are scanned on a regular basis for known threats in order to make your visit to our shop and site as safe as possible. We also use regular malware scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured doors and networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such areas, and are required to keep the information confidential.
All payment transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
All the personal data we collect is managed by our staff in the UK. The information is hosted on servers within the EU. No third parties have access to your personal data, unless the law allows them to do so.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Cookies are small files of data that are downloaded onto your electronic device used to access websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies do not harm your computer. If you would like to learn more about cookies in general, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will retain your personal information for as long as national law and accounting regulations oblige us to do so. It will then be securely disposed of.
We do not keep a record of your credit card details, nor is this data retained on our systems.
If you have given us consent to do so, we will retain your image for use in our marketing and publicity. You can ask us to stop using it at any time and we will cease using it at the next possible opportunity.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
What are your rights with regard to your personal data?
You have a number of rights regarding the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is not correct or incomplete. Please let us know using the above details.
- You have the right to have your personal data deleted. Please contact us using the details provided above. Please note that we may not be able to fulfil our contractual obligations without your contact details.
- You have the right to have data transferred to another party. Please ask us if this is what you would like to do.
- You have the right of access to your data. Please contact us and we will let you know what personal data we hold.
- You can ask us to restrict the use of your information, by asking us using the contact details above.
- You have the right to register a complaint regarding the use of your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office is the UK authority, details of which can be found at ico.org.uk
- Your personal data will not be stored or processed in any countries outside of the EU without your express consent and the appropriate security measures.
Windsor and Eton Brides Privacy Notice
Last Updated: 25/05/2018
Why choose Windsor & Eton Brides?
We have a preferred seamstress team to fit our brides. We work in partnership with the Secret Fitting Room in High Wycombe.
Windsor & Eton Brides is located in Eton High Street in Berkshire. Perfectly positioned to provide you a wonderful experience.
The Personal Touch
The boutique offers an intimate atmosphere with private dressing rooms and a personal bridal consultant for each bride.